Scrip is a program by which you purchase a merchant’s gift card at face value, and then a percentage of that purchase is donated to your student’s account. Technically, it doesn’t “cost you anything” because the $ you spend on the gift card is the same $ you would have spent at the merchant, only with the scrip program, a % of the $ goes towards your band account.
- How much money do I make with scrip? 90% of the fundraising percentage goes towards your individual account, the other 10% goes to cover the cost of shipping the gift cards.
Example, you buy a $25 Applebee’s gift card (which has an 8% reward as of 8/19/14). 8% of $25 is $2. 90% of $2 is $1.80; 10% of $2 is $.20. So, $1.80 gets credited towards your student account and $.20 goes to cover shipping.
- When can I place an order? Scrip orders are placed once a week all year long, and the deadline to submit orders is 10:00pm Monday night.
- How can I pay? Scrip is a cash or check (preferably check) program. When paying by check, please write student name on the check and indicate it’s scrip on the memo line.
- How do I get my gift cards? Orders can be picked up from Brandywine Printing on Wednesday or Thursday during business hours, Thursday evening during practice, or at football games on Friday nights. For all orders, see Kathy Brooks.
- Who can I contact for more information? Send an email to Kathy Brooks
- How do I get started and sign up? Navigate to https://www.scripzone.com and browse through the retailers list (if you haven’t set up an account, you will have to do that – the band’s group number is 770845WFBB). Figure out what you will be purchasing in the upcoming months, and see if retailers who you will be purchasing from have gift cards. If they do, buy the card from the scrip program and use the card instead of cash – a percentage of your purchase will go into your student’s account.