What is Charms?
Charms is a web site that allows parents of band students access to:
- Calendar information
- Volunteering opportunities
- Files and Handouts
- Student Financial Information and Payments
How Do I Use It?
Paying through Paypal in Charms
- Login to Charms (school code is WestForsythHSBand). Password is your Charms ID (should be your school ID number)
- Navigate to the Finances tab if making a band payment (Navigate to online store if making a store payment). Charms displays the financial statement for the student (based on the school ID entered in login)
- Choose a payment from one of the ledgers that you want to pay and then click on the “Make payment” button. Follow the instructions presented within Charms to pay through Paypal.
Making a partial payment in Charms
Instead of clicking on the “Make Payment” button in the Fixed Payments area, scroll down to the Miscellaneous Ledger area, and choose the “Make Miscellaneous Payment” button. This will take you into Paypal where you can choose the amount you want to pay at this time.
Subscribing to the Band Calendar
To subscribe to the band calendar and sync to your device, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Charms parent account
- Click on the Calendar tab
- Click “Sync Calendar” and follow the instructions.
Quick Instructions for iOS:
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch “Accounts & Passwords”
- On the Accounts & Passwords screen, touch “Add Account”
- On the Add Account screen, touch “Other”
- Under Calendars, touch “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- For the Server value, enter the URL of the public calendar:
- Touch “Next” in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch “Save” to save the subscription.
Quick Instructions for Android:
To sync with Android devices, you will need to use your Google account and have a Google calendar created.
In your Google calendar on a real computer:
- Under “Other Calendars” click the Add link.
- Select “Add by URL”
- Enter the following URL:
- Click “Add Calendar”
- Google will begin to sync your calendar, and it will appear on the screen.
- Click “Settings”
- Change the long name of the new calendar to something you will remember such as “Charms Calendar”
- Your phone should automatically be set to sync with your Google calendar.
- On your phone: Click on “Calendar”, then bring up the settings for the calendar. Click on Calendar Sync. You should see your google account listed already. Make sure Auto-Sync is checked.